September the start of New Beginnings!

By Unknown - September 03, 2017


Who else love's September? The cold rainy days when you can curl up in front of the fire, watching a movie with a cup of tea in your hand. Or the new autumnal fashion that leaves you feeling comfy in whatever you wear because you can layer up.
Or though I'm not too looking forward to the reality of a rainy day when you actually have to leave your house and get soaked. But with the somewhat disappointing summer I've longed for September to finally come so I can wear thick cosy jumpers while my head is tucked in to a good romance novel.

As I spoke in my previous post, August has always been dreaded month because knowing September was round the corner frightened me, because September is always the start of a new academic year.
But this year I am changing my pessimistic ways and trying something new.

I am going to treat this September as a chapter of new beginnings, basically I am treating it like a new year and have made a list of 'new year resolutions' to make a change to my life going forward. I am making September a positive month and making the new chapter of my life a positive exciting thing rather then a dreaded event that fills me with anxiety.

1) First off is be bold and brave - I am starting my dream uni course later this month which of course I'm excited about, but I am also full of nerves. What if people don't like me ? what if the course isn't what I made it out to be in my head? what if I fail ?  These thoughts have got to go and so I will be filling my brain with positive thoughts to get rid of those doubts. As they are a waste of space.

2) Be more organised/ be tidy -  With balancing a uni course, the travel home there and back each day ( yes I am living at home but i'll go in more detail about this on another post, having a part time job, freelancing, blogging  and running my own business I need to be more organised. There are only 24 hours in the day so I need to organise my time to make sure each hour counts and to prevent any stress meltdowns. 

6) Make time to blog- its my passion and hobby- be consistent. 

3) Treat my business like a business not a hobby. While I feel I am doing well with in my business I am ready to go all the way to the top,  especially as I want to make some changes in my life. This is down to confidence because how many 18 year olds are running their own business? Many are more focuses on getting drunk all the time, which of course is fun but I realise that it takes on average 20 years to be successful. In the business I am currently in it takes 5. If I can be successful in my current business by the time I'm 23, It will largely help me become successful in the makeup industry quicker and hell when you know what you want to do, why would you wait?

4) Live for you. This is going to sound slightly selfish but I think in our generation you can live for pleasing others, and sometimes the things you believe In or what you want to do goes to the back burner. Sometimes its good to say no. 

5) Relax- I for one put way to much pressure on myself and its so counter productive. Setting aside me time and be more laid back about things that can't be changed. 


      I thought these would inspire you and make you decide that September can be a good start for new beginnings and positive changes!

                                                  lots of love and happy Sunday!
                                                                  Liv x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments