Selfridges , John Lewis and Space Nk Haul

By Unknown - July 25, 2017



This summer my family and I decided to have a 'staycation' which was actually a really lovely two weeks, super chilled being able to do what we wanted when we wanted and it really made me appreciate how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful country and living in an area where a lot  is easily accessible.

One of the days we visited Windsor castle where I soon noticed a little Space Nk store, and of course as soon as I noticed it I had tunnel vision and headed straight over. Now I didn't go crazy in space nk because I knew I had a little trip to London planned, where I could go full out with the makeup shopping!

The first counter I headed for was the Becca counter, I had gone in with the intention of buying the shimmering skin perfecter in 'champagne pop' something that every girl and Jaclyn hill lover has to have in their collection, and something I desperately searched for in New York last year, but only to find it was completely sold out. However, looking at the range colours in space nk I actually decided on purchasing it in the shade ' Prosecco pop' because its completely different to every other highlighter I have. Its such a gorgeous golden colour, and is such a finely grained powder that it gives such a silky finish. Its absolutely stunning!! Plus the pigmentation is truly insane, a little goes along way so its for sure going to take a long time till I experience the heartbreak of hitting pan. Now a lot of people have said on the internet that this shade is only for darker skin tones, but I actually think its so versatile. Its perfect for the summer when you've caught a bit of sun or you've bronzed yourself up a bit more, and this product really finishes of your makeup to give you the golden goddess glow. I honestly cant get over how gorgeous it is. Plus this can double up as a eyeshadow and would look lovely on the centre of the lid or in the inner corner with a soft brown smokey eye.  This retails for £32.



The next item I bought was the trusty beauty blender, now I had been meaning to repurchase this as my other I have had for about 6 months. I have repurchased a beauty blender about 4 times now and is a staple in my makeup routine.  I haven't tried anything like it, the results from using this is amazing. It truly does achieve a flawless finish with your foundation and layers of concealers or contouring to stop that cakey look. A lot of people don't like using sponges when applying makeup due to hygiene reasons however, pop in a bowl of water, squeeze the sponge to expand and then pop the bowl in to the microwave for 1 minute or so and then carry on washing with brush cleaner and repeat with the microwave and its as good as new.  Tip: I always apply my foundation with a brushes and only use the beauty blender to blend, always dampen the sponge for best results! This retailed for £16.





Another trip we had was a day out shopping in London,  what more could a girl want? My first purchased took place at John Lewis Beauty Hall at the Guerlain counter. Now this was my first ever experience of the brand and had never used their products, but was drawn to them due to the blogger Victoria the owner of Inthefrow.com.  So I went in having no idea about what I wanted to purchase or what is popular selling product. However, the way I test a brand is by buying a base type product, so I decided to go for the BB beauty booster in the shade light. I love it, the smell of it is gorgeous, its not to over powering and the consistency is so runny and lightweight but buildable coverage so its perfect for a day where you don't want to wear a lot of makeup but also very versatile. Its also got Spf 30 in it so really great for summer. The colour match is pretty much perfect.  It gives a healthy glow and also its really long lasting so its a thumbs up from me.  This retails at £37.


The next little purchase makes me squeal with excitement every time I see it, and its been proudly homed right in front of my computer because its a piece of artwork.


Its a Lip balm in a glass bottle. Ahhhhhhh how Extra can you get !?? I FRICKEN LOVE IT.

Lets just take a minute to appreciate the beauty of this bottle.



Now I didn't intend to buy it for the bottle, because the testers they had out on display had literally just the black plastic container and it wasn't until I purchased it and the Guerlain lady was like girl have you seen the bottle? that I loved it. No I chose it for the colour, shade 071 and its a beautiful pink rose sort of colour, its actually very shear and low colour pay off. However, its exactly what I have been looking for. I always wear a lot of makeup and tend to go heavy on the eyes, but I never want to wear lipstick but I end up looking in photos or in the mirror and realise my lips look so pale it looks silly, like something is missing. So this colour really just enhances the colour of my lips and its so gorgeous I love it. It also have a very buttery formula and it is moisturising, so also great as a base if you want to wear a heavier lipstick over the top.

And this retails at £22






Also massive shoutout to the lovely ladies who served me at the Guerlain counter in John Lewis Oxford street. They were super lovely and helpful, and just talked with such passion about the brand and the products and it made the makeup shopping experience so much more. Part of the excitement and buzz I have off buying makeup products is the service you get at the counters and I couldn't be any more impressed by the ladies who served me that day.



SO my next stop was SELFRIDGES. As soon as I walked through the entrance to the beauty hall the heavens had opened, the light was coming down from heaven and shining on the counters and everything else no longer existed, the opera singing happened and I definitely had a bit of a moment. Basically was one of the best days of 2017 in the single moment.
I actually only purchased one item, which took some restraint. Especially when I my eyes caught the Christian Louboutin counter and very nearly bought a liquid lipstick for £65, the only thing that put me off was that when I opened the lid it was extremely thick consistency and I'm afraid to say was very gloopy and a bit gross really.

I soon came across the Charlotte tilbury counter and any one who knows me, I am a Tilbury girl at heart. I think Charlotte's story is so inspiring and her products are amazing, they are glam and they are good quality. Plus I recently checked and they don't test on animals so what more could you want?


I purchased this beauty of a lipstick in 'liv it up'. I received an email the day before this shade was launched because Charlotte launched a lipstick line inspired by celebrities and this one was inspired by Liv Tyler. The email I  said ' the iconic lipstick with your name on it' and I thought it was very clever they obviously emailed everyone on their mailing list first letting them know that their names were on lipsticks. Of course I had to get it! Its a pretty rosebud pink, the formula is so nourishing and its such a flattering colour for my complexion. Im in love.

The girl who served me also gave me tonnes of samples, which I have been loving and I think a cheeky order will happen very soon.

This retails at £24.


Also, the Charlotte Tilbury Mua's makeup were all incredible, its the first counter where every single one had flawless makeup and I was just so impressed.  Also shoutout to Selfridges for employing male makeup artists! Equality in makeup, so empowering. 


Hope you enjoyed this post guys, and if you purchase anything from this let me know.
I hope this helped. 
Lots of love 
Liv x 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments