February Favourites !

By Unknown - February 28, 2015


I haven't uploaded on this blog in such a long time so i'd thought i'd tell you what I've been loving this month.


As much as i love applying my makeup; i love taking it off after a long day just as much! For Christmas i asked for Bobbi Brown soothing cleansing oil and the clinque take the day off cleansing milk.


Because they both do the same thing i didn't expect to receive both of these products, but i'm so glad i did. The cleansing oil from Bobbi brown is so amazing at taking makeup off, especially mascara, which usually can be a bit of a pain to remove! In fact this has worked wonders for my eyelashes as they no longer fall out from the tugging of a makeup wipe but also has conditioned them and made them be in such good condition. Its also amazing when i apply my mascara the next morning because it  makes my mascara go on so nicely giving the same full look as it does when i haven't worn mascara in a few days.  After using the Bobbi Brown oil i use the Clinque cleansing milk, i do this just to ensure all the makeup is off and my skin is 100% clean. The milk makes my skin incredibly smooth and i've even started using the milk to wash my face in the morning so my skin is a smooth base for my makeup to go on and this just improves the appearance of my makeup. My favourite thing about these two products is that its dramatically improved my skin, proving just how much removing your makeup properly can make a difference! It also makes taking your makeup off quite fun then just using an ordinary makeup wipe. Although i do recommend doing this over the sink and wiping your face on a towel that you don't mind getting dirty as you will get makeup ALL over it !


Keeping on  the skin care theme, my next favourite is coming a bit of a holy grail!


The Gingzing moisturiser from Origins is magic! I've never used a moisturizer that improves the appearance of my skin so much , it makes my skin become one tonal and have a healthy glow. This product has completely changed my attitude towards no makeup days as it stops my skin being so dull and lifeless! I'ts also an absolute treat for people who have oily skin as it  doesn't make my skin any more oily through out the day, i think it even makes my skin less oily.


This argon oil has made such a difference to my hair, it gives it a shine making my hair look healthy and also makes my hair incredibly soft, without making it look greasy. The main reason why i love this is that it brings out my natural highlights which become less obvious during these winter months! It needs to be activated with heat and can be purchased at super drug !




My next favourites isn't so much about the products itself but the combination of the two! While i love the colour of MAC'S cremesheen creme D'nude i never really got on with the formula of the lipstick, i feel this is down to the fact its not a matte lipstick as my other lipstick's from Mac which are matte apply to the lips a lot more nicely and last so much longer. However, since i've been using this lipgloss from smashbox which i believe is in the shade 'ILLUME' over the top of  the mac lipstick i can't get enough. It makes my lips look a lot more full and the colour is stunning!

My next favourite is from the Laura Mercier caviar stick collection, i can't express how amazing these cream eye shadows are but the one i find my self reaching for is in the shade 'AMETHYST' this shade is pretty much my definition of a perfect eye shadow colour its just gorgeous. I love it when it catches the light which is even more amazing. I'll add a photo of an attempt of me trying to swatch it catching the light below. I also love how these are so quick and easy to use but makes it look like you've spent ages doing  your eye shadow. They also work really well as a base for powder eye shadows.


My last favourite for this month, was my most recent and  spontaneous purchase.
Before buying any sort of makeup i usually do my research and read lots of reviews to make sure i'm not wasting my money on something that will end up sitting at the bottom of my makeup collection collecting dust. But when i was out birthday shopping a few weeks ago, i passed the Laura mercier counter and felt like treating myself, i knew laura mericer foundations have always had a good reputation and so i thought i would try their tinted moisturizer. I don't know what got over me because tinted moisturizers obviously have such sheer coverage and that scares me a little!  But i'm so glad i purchased this, its so weightless and i hate the feel of heavy makeup so this is a major advantage to this product.  Even though it is sheer coverage, it makes my skin look flawless. I don't know how it works but it illuminates the skin for a healthy glow and even outs the skin tone, yet you can still see your skin underneath. It gives the illusion that you have really healthy skin and your not wearing any makeup. Which in my opinion the whole point to foundations is to create that natural appearance of skin!  However, for those days where you do need a little bit more coverage put this over a bb cream or foundation and the outcome is just the same as if you didn't need more coverage! I did the oil free one which i definitely recommend if you do have an oily t-zone like me because it means it last all day. I apply this with my hands as the warmth of your skin really helps it set and then with a clean beauty blender just bounce it on your skin to make sure its all blended evenly. It does not feel greasy either and i don't even feel the need to set it with a powder, although i do set through my t-zone if i know i'm going out and won't have chance to powder later if i need too.  I just want to mention how helpful the girls at the laura mericer counter was and all their makeup was on point! Plus the shade match for this is probably the best one i've had!



                                                     Thank you
                                                         And
                                                         Hope
                                                          This
                                                           Helps!
                                                        LOVE. Liv x x x

ps. I'm so sorry for not posting  in such a long time, yr 11 is a lot more hectic then i thought it would be  but  summer is on it's way  and because i'm finally leaving school i will have so much more time to write posts. In the mean time i will try and upload every chance i get :) x  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments